Business Operations Intern (or Co-op) Spring 2021
Hi there! We are WellNested
At WellNested, we make it fast, simple and affordable for new families to connect to expert postnatal providers so they can navigate new parenthood with confidence and ease. We believe that health & happiness go hand in hand. That’s why we're modernizing one of life’s most challenging transitions by connecting new parents to a highly curated network of in-home and digital care providers, not only making it easy for families to get the right care for them at the right moment but also bringing the human connection back to an intensely emotional and important time in a person’s life.
Founders Stephanie Rampello and Karina Akib met at MIT Sloan and watched friends, family and colleagues struggle to get the care they needed after baby arrived. Looking at how care was delivered in other countries, they knew they had to improve the postnatal experience for families in the U.S. - and for themselves.
After raising preseed funding from institutional investors, WellNested is focused on redesigning the care experience with an eye towards simplicity/ease/responsiveness, building a high quality provider network, iterating/refining the digital product and experimenting with customer acquisition methods.
If you are:
- A “hustler” who is willing to get their hands dirty and pitch in to the collective effort of the team to accomplish strategic priorities
- Interested in experiencing what it’s like to work at an ultra early-stage startup
- Excited about diving deep into improving customer experience
- Open to failure, hungry to learn and willing to get your hands dirty as a critical member of a team of engineers, product managers designers and operators
- Willing take on projects with a high learning curve
- Care deeply about digital health, women’s health and the importance of consumer-driven tech in the healthcare space broadly
- Someone who has demonstrated interest in early stage start-ups
We’d love to hear from you!
Please be considered for any of this role, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
The name of the position in the subject line
A description of why you’re interested in this role and might be a good fit
Dates: Starting Jan 2021, 3 months (flexible timeline depending on your school schedule and if you are seeking a Co-op role)
Location: Fully Remote
Payment: You’ll be compensated an hourly rate
Reporting Structure: Would work directly with Co-Founders
Background of role
We are looking for a jack-of-all trades operator who is keen to dive into projects across multiple areas of the business including - product management, business development, growth and operations. The role is fully remote and is a 3-8 month internship role starting full-time and transitioning to part-time (depending on your school schedule) that reports directly to our Co-founders. Since you will be working primarily on projects with the co-founders, this role offers a great opportunity for anyone who wants to transition into venture capital, early stage ventures (particularly in digital health) or founding their own company.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Building out internal and external marketing materials and communications
- Working closely with product and engineering team to conduct user interviews for new features of digital product
- Helping to build out the provider network including creating provider profiles
- Creating elements of the digital product including content
- Creating pitch presentations for B2B partnerships along with the two co-founders
- Mapping out new segments of the maternal health space to understand opportunities for new service categories