Postpartum Doula (Daytime, Overnights)
7 years of experience | families served
Lives in Winthrop, MA
$35 per hour (day)
$40 per hour (overnights)
Evenings Mon-Fri, 3-8pm
Overnights Sun-Thu, 10-7am
Now accepting new clients for February
Experience & Education
- Red Cross CPR/First Aid certified for Newborn through Adults
- Postpartum Doula (DONA 2016)
Anywhere within 45 min drive from, Winthrop MA
What can I help out with?
The things that i can help with include
- Assistance with breastfeeding, pumping and/or bottle-feeding
- Information for birth parent about breast care and any issues that may arise
- Helping non-birth parent feel involved and competent with baby
- Guidance with soothing techniques
- Help with getting baby to sleep
- Baby-wearing instruction
- Light housekeeping and meal prep
- Grocery shopping and help with meal planning
- Education and discussion about birth parent and baby’s health and wellness
- Accompaniment to birth parent and/or baby’s appointments for support
- 24/7 support via phone, text or email
Health Precautions & Exposure
I live with my husband and daughter and I don’t leave the house except to go outside and to go horseback riding. My daughter and I both have some asthma and so we’re being very careful. We get tested every week. My husband does work in the auto industry and has to visit dealerships a few times a week so there is some exposure there but he is using extensive PPE. I am only seeing one family at a time.
I live in Winthrop with my daughter and husband. We love the water (when its warm) and my daughter and I ride horses year round. I love to read and watch movies, I’ve taken up throwing pottery, and I’m always looking for another traveling adventure. I love animals and we have three cats at home with us! I’m an extremely easy going, flexible, sensitive, caring person.
How do you help new parents?
I’m super flexible and amenable to the parents’ needs in the moment. To give you some ideas:
Why did you pursue this career?
Becoming a mother was a big part of it for me but I think my sensitivity and love of the postpartum period all come into play. I love helping new parents become confident with their babies and it gives me such joy to see those “aha” moments .
“Sondra is wonderful. With no family nearby and a difficult postpartum recovery, she came in and knew what to do to nurture me and put our new family of three at ease. She taught me how to care of a newborn and was so good to him. I highly recommend Sondra’s services “ Stephanie -, Boston, MA
“She was an exceptional help with everything from newborn care to basic breastfeeding practices. She assisted me with some organization and accompanied me to appointments. I think she will be an asset to the birthing community and any family that gets to work with her will be very fortunate” Jodi -, Boston, MA